A glimpse of my in's and out's, hilarious episodes and obsecurities of life, time travels and nostalgic flashbacks, fitness matters, touches of style, arduous moments and daily questionings. sneak in....I know you want to

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Shoe Talk

Yes I am unashamedly madly in love with shoes, that doesn't mean that I am about to talk about where to pick a certain hot pair.

I had a thought, what would my favorite pair have to say if they were to talk? That's right, I had a conversation with my sneakers and this is what they had to say:

I am the mother of all shoes, a best friend that adds bounce and speed to your every step, the only friend who kicks your butt back into shape.
I look ragged and beat, I would't be expected to look a day younger, every stain and every pebble on my soles have a tall tale to tell.  No borders are crossed without me, I lay in wait as you check into fancy hotels in the comforts of my warm shoe bag, knowing all too well, that it will be I experiencing the streets of yet another city, walking the parks, trudging and traipsing like the globe trotter I am.

I trudge in the Sun, wind and rain. It is I who cushions your feet and eases the tension when you run on the treadmills, I add bounce to your jumping jacks and it is I you sort after your Holidays binge.

I am reliable, my heels don't break, squeek or get caught on the pavement cracks when you need me the most, I am subtle and loyal,  remember? we ran the brolloppet marathon 2005? across the bridge, from Denmark to Sweden, how much more reliable can a friend be.  When I am torn, when I can no longer absorb the shocks, or come along with you, I will step aside as my predecessors did but untill then, it's just you, me and the Ipod.

How about that for shoe talk? Don't be shy, listen to your shoes and tell me what you hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List